The Disability Unit operates within the Centre for Psychological Services and Career Development (PsyCaD), and provides support to staff and students with disabilities within the university. Support services include providing advice and facilitating academic accommodations, in collaborative partnerships with students’ university lecturers, departments and faculty.
The Disability Unit consists of a team of professionals who provide the following support to students with disabilities:
- Confidential consultation sessions
- Concession (e.g. extra-time, use of assistive devices, venues, etc) application for tests/exams
- Test and exam arrangements
- Training, assistance and advice regarding assistive hardware and software
- Assistive devices and technology at PsyCaD offices and in the libraries
- Working with lecturers, residence, campus health, etc. to best support these students
- Support with Disability bursary applications
- Access to study material in alternative formats (braille, audio, electronic text)
- Support with accessible transport between campuses
- Computer rooms
Click here for a brochure about The Disability Unit.
Email: [email protected] | Tel: +27115593745