The Division is tasked with international relations in general, which involve recruitment of international students, exchange programmes for staff and students as well as managing the affairs of international students outside the classroom.
The Division integrates international students into UJ student life through:
- Social interaction (International Festival, excursions)
- Student exchange programme
- Communication (newsletter, SMS service, liaison with embassies, etc.)
- Student support (buddy system, orientation programme)
- Short courses (UJHELP)
- Advising prospective students about programmes offered at UJ and all legal requirements
- Clearing admitted international students for registration
- Providing liaison services for international students and faculties
- Liaising with all South African Missions (Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates, Trade Missions) and the South African Department of Home Affairs
- Social integration through orientation and student activities
Contact or visit the International Admissions and Welfare Office for any compliance related issues e.g. study permits and medical aid requirements.
Physical location and contact details:
|APK||International House Madibeng Building||Supervisor International Admissions|
International Admission Officer
Manager Study Abroad
Student Welfare Officer
Academic Services Administrator (UJELP)
|APB||Office Number 215 Goudstad Flat||International Admission Officer||+27115591027|
|DFC||Maropeng Building||International Admission Officer||+27115596510|
|SWC||ADB 119 Ukhamba Building||Admissions Administrative Assistant||+27115595014|
For more information about International Study, please follow the link.