The Centre for Psychological Services and Career Development (PsyCaD) provides psychotherapeutic, psychometric and career development services to students, staff and external clients at the University of Johannesburg (UJ).
Psychological Services essentially focuses on different forms of counselling. The aim of these services is to provide students with the tools to improve their personal and academic functioning.
- General therapy to individuals
- Individual counselling
- Psychoeducational counselling
- Support groups
- Advisory walk-in services
The Disability Services Unit provides support to registered students with disabilities.
- Confidential consultation sessions
- Concessions application for tests/exams (e.g. extra time, use of assistive devices, venues, etc.)
- Test and exam arrangements
- Training, assistance and a advice regarding assistive hardware and software
- Assitive devices and technology at PsyCaD offices and in the UJ libraries
- Working with lecturers, residence, campus health, etc. to best support these students
- Support with disability bursary applications
- Access to study material in alternative formats (braille, audio, electronic text)
- Support with accessible transport between campuses, residences and lectures
The Career Services Unit at UJ promotes career development (and related life planning skills).
- Services related to your career
- Work readiness programme
- Career consultation and counselling
- Career resource centres
- Meaningful engagement with prospective and enrolled students
- Graduate recruitment programme/Career Fairs
In-house innovative, comprehensive, unbiased and affordable assessment services are offered to UJ staff and students as well as to the greater South African public. Through the use of valid, reliable methods and psychologically grounded, scientifically sound assessment tools, assessment services are provided in a broad range of assessment areas, at an individual as well as organisational level.
Office hours 08:00 – 16:00
|Ms Juliet Solomons||Team Leader||+27115592946|
|Ms Cynthia Pottier||Career Consultant||+27115592575|
|Ms Liesl Scheepers||Graduate Recruitment||+27115592601|
|Ms Winnie Makhwanya||Employee Relations||+27115593107|
|Ms Gugulethu Nkosi||Administration||+27115593333|
|Ms Lucy Chirwa||Career Consultant||+27115595035|
|Ms Melinda Tonono||Career Consultant / Disability Support||+27115596036|
|Ms Raeesa Mayet||Career Consultant / Psychological Assessments||+27115596540|
Click the button below to download a useful informational guide for PsyCaD.
For more information about Psychological Services and Career Development, please follow the link.