Artificial Intelligence in the 4IR (Fourth Industrial Revolution) is a free, fully online, non-credit bearing module offered by the Division of Academic Development and Support (ADS). It was rolled out to the UJ community (all undergraduate/postgraduate students and staff members) in February 2020. The purpose of this module is to introduce students to artificial intelligence (AI), its applications, and its implications for society and the future of work in this fast changing world.
This module consists of eight units:
- 4IR and Automation
- Evolution of AI
- AI Fundamentals
- AI in the Real World: Global Overview
- AI in the Real World: China
- Future of the World of Work
- Social and Ethical Considerations of AI
- Speculations on the Future
A digital certificate will be issued on successful completion which may be viewed and shared with third parties or possible employers through the UJ Digital Certificate platform. For currently-registered UJ students, this achievement will also appear on your academic record.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Log in to uLink: https://ulink.uj.ac.za/
- Go to ‘Online Courses’ on the homepage.
- Explore ‘Artificial Intelligence in the 4IR’
- Register for the course by clicking on ‘register’ at the bottom on the page.
- Await an email from uLink which will provide instructions on how to access the course.
Click the button below to learn more about Artificial Intelligence in the 4IR:
To learn more about the Artificial Intelligence in the 4IR Short Course, please follow this link.